Friday, December 11, 2015

Vlog: A Christmas Message for Busy Mamas








Are you feeling stressed, overwhelmed, and anxious this Christmas season? Are you a busy Mama trying to do it all and be it all, in order to make this Christmas special for your family? I know how you feel! I know what it's like to be staring at a never-ending to-do list that stems from a desire to be "perfect"! And with that in mind, I want to share my heart with you today, in the hopes that something I say might be an encouragement to you and be used to make a change for the better for your family this Christmas. God bless you! And Merry Christmas!




*Quick sidenote- no babies were harmed in the making of this video! lol When I first started filming, my daughter was napping. About halfway through the video, you may be able to hear her in the background beginning to cry. She sometimes does that, wakes up for a second or two, and then falls back to sleep. But by the end of the video, it became obvious to me she was, in fact, ready to get up. At first I wasn't going to post this video, but instead re-do it during her next nap. Then I thought, you know, I'm just going to be real! haha I'm a Mom living real life. And sometimes that means your little one wakes up in the middle of your video! ;) No worries, though-as soon as the camera clicked off, I went to check on her, and she was all bubbly and happy, ready to get up from her nap. :) Just thought I would share that quick note to allay any fears out there! ;)




Oh! One point I failed to make in the video-instead of making this list of allllll these different things you feel like you must do in order to make Christmas special for our families, maybe you could do this instead: sit down with your family and ask each family member what dish, what tradition, what craft, etc. is most important to them and is the main thing in each of these areas which makes Christmas special for them, and just do those. It could be that a lot of the things on your to-do list which you think you must do in order to make things great for them is actually something that they could do without and may not have much of an interest in after all. So, ask away, and in so doing, not only will you know exactly how to make Christmas special for your family, but you will also be able to cross off a lot of other unimportant things from your to-do list and may find yourself breathing a little easier this Christmas season! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment